Prepared for the Journey!
- Special Education Mission
- Prereferrals ● Referrals ● Eligibility
- Child Find Information
- Preschool Program
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing Department
- Visually Impairments Department
- Related Services
- Teacher Resources
- Forms - [Teacher -Intranet Access]
- Forms- [Parents]
- Alabama Alternate Assessment (AAA) Blog
- Open Records Request (Special Education)
- 504 Section - Contact Special Education
- Chalkable SETS
- Psychological Services
- Private School Referral and Evaluation Process
- Professional Development - When PowerPoint opens, click SLIDESHOW > FROM BEGINNING. Confidentiality Agreement and Evaluation forms are accessible through this PowerPoint.This Power Point contains: Confidentiality;REM Process; ADHD Strategies
- Special Ed Mandatory PD 2017-18
The Growing Place
The mission of The Growing Place is to give young adults with disabilities the skills they need to be productive and independent citizens, while helping them build the self-confidence needed to use these skills. At The Growing Place, secondary students with disabilities participate in meaningful and functional activities in the areas of daily living skills, social interactions and occupational skills that will increase their independence and productivity within their communities
A special "Thank you" to our sponsors for their donations which support of our program!
Shelby County Schools, Department of Rehabilitation Services, and University of Montevallo Transition Program designed to teach functional life skills and entry-level work skills to special education students and to support their growth into adulthood.